It is a debatable issue that whether severe diabetes can lead to premature death or not. A patient can cure the disease before it reaches to the fatal stage with adequate solutions.
Early diagnosis of Diabetes can’t lead to premature death, as early detection and treatment of complications arising from high blood sugar levels can prevent progression of other diseases associated with Diabetes. The prognosis is dependent on the type of diabetes patients have, the development of any complications, as well as the control they have over their blood sugar levels.
And, for controlling blood sugar levels, regular monitoring of blood sugar levels is very important. In fact, by working together, people with diagnosed diabetes, their support network, and their health care providers can reduce the occurrence of these and other complications.
Complications among People with diagnosed Diabetes
- Hypoglycemia & Hyperglycemia: Both are leading causes of death due to undiagnosed Diabetes. As per data collected in 2010 hyperglycemia caused 2,361 deaths.
- Heart Disease & Stroke: In this case, heart attacks were 1.8 times higher among adults aged 20 years or older with diagnosed diabetes than among adults without diagnosed diabetes.
- Kidney Disease: Diabetes was listed as the primary cause kidney failure in 44% of all new cases in 2011.
- Other Complications: People with diabetes may develop other complications like nerve disease, hearing loss, depression, and complications of pregnancy.
- Healthy Food and Adequate Exercise: Diabetes can be treated and managed by healthy eating, regular physical activity, and medications. Proper healthy diet on time and regular exercise can improve the health of patient.
- Add Protein Diet: A diabetic needs to include high fibre cereals and good amount of protein in diet and follow a 6-7 meal pattern a day. As fasting & feasting both are dangerous for diabetic patients, they should resort to simple diet with home-made nutritious food.
Herbal Solution: Herbs have wonderful solutions for many chronic diseases and so there is solution for diabetes too. Some herbs can be taken for managing sugar levels like fenugreek seeds & sprouts, paneer doda flowers, Guduchi & Gurmar.