Papaya is highly nutritious food which is recommended for diabetics to add in their diet. It is helpful in controlling the blood sugar level.
Diabetes patients are subjected to follow a strict and filtered diet to prevent them to reach on the verge of the disease. Among the many nutritious fruits and vegetables, Papaya has been acknowledged as one of the best fruit to be added in diabetic’s diet. It is good in taste and easy to digest and brings many other advantages to the patient.
What makes Papaya a healthy fruit for a Diabetic?
- Nutritious and good Anti Oxidant: Papaya is endowed with Vitamin A, C and B that helps greatly to make eyes and skin healthy. It is the rich source of beta-carotene and anti-oxidants. Being a prime hub of anti oxidants, it serves as a boon for diabetes patients and helps their bodies to stop the deterioration of cell structures. It keeps the internal body system healthy by preventing cell damage.
- Filter Machine: Papaya is said to be a filter machine as it contains rich fibrous component which filters out the unwanted element out of the body and keeps the blood filtered. It helps in proper blood circulation and purification process.
- Lowers Blood Sugar Level: Papaya is a must fruit for diabetics as being sweet in taste, it has actually very low sugar content and low in glycemic index. It improves insulin level and level of blood sugar and lipids.
How to add Papaya in Diabetic’s Diet?
- Start with the Day: Taking Papaya in the Breakfast in early morning with light stomach can prove to be healthy and effective.
- Insert between the Meals: You can add papaya in between the meals as short filler to break the cravings for snacks and your stomach feel contended and maintain your body healthy.
- Avoid after Dusk: Generally fruits are recommended to not take after evening, so better you take care of it.