Teenage brings plenty of changes in a human body and and health complications also come along with it. Diabetes in teenagers is observed due to hormonal changes which disturbs the balance of insulin and leads to increased sugar level in the blood. In teenage, there are many things a person is coming across to and taking care of health becomes a bit difficult.
Give a Check to Eating Habits
Teenagers are generally careless regarding their eating habits and commit many mistakes which can enhance the risk of diabetes in their bodies.
- Irregular Meal Time- To deal with diabetes, it is important to maintain proper timings of meal and with defined intervals.
- Late Night Munching– Teenagers are usually found to behave like night owls and do all their work till late night. They adopt the habit of eating in night which leads to many problems in the blood sugar level.
- Avoid Fast Food– Mostly fast foods are composed of saturated fats and lead to high cholesterol level, teenagers are generally habitual of eating it but avoiding it will help them to counter diabetes.
Guidelines to Remember
- Don’t engaged in Alcohol, Cigarette or Drugs Consumption
- Don’t get mentally upset, keep calm and consult a doctor and your parents
- Increase your physical activities like switch to sports, walking and running
- Don’t reduce the meal to stay thin, take proper diet with nutrients rich food.
Teenagers with diabetes face a depressing time, they need to check on their wrong eating habits to control it and ensure they are having healthy meal.